Creamed Leeks & Greens
An amazing & simple side to any roast
This is the perfect accompaniment for any get together or dinner party. I particularly like it with a wellington, nut roast or nut loaf. Leeks are part of the allium or onion family but have a much subtler flavour. The delicate flavour of the leek is amazing when combined with the rich smooth coconut cream. A little bit of salt and pepper is all it takes to finish it off and make it a perfect side dish.
What you’ll need………
- A splash of water for frying
- 3 leeks
- 150g spinach
- The cream from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
What to do……..
1) Put a pan on medium heat and add the splash of water.
2) Chop the leeks into bite sized pieces.
3) When the water starts to boil add the leeks, and spinach to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
4) Pour in the coconut cream and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the cream has reduced and the leeks are completely softened.
5) Season to taste and serve as an amazing side dish.