Root Vegetable Nut Roast
Root Veggie Nut Roast
This is a delicious meal to share with family friends and family. It is really easy to make and is a really healthy in the middle with an indulgent crispy crust.
What you’ll need………
- 1 or 2 sheets of frozen puff pastry (depending on how full you want each roast)
- 1 tbsp of water
- 2 red onions sliced into half moons
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed or finely chopped
- 300g beetroot, grated
- 200g parsnips, grated
- 3 tbps of tamari
- 150g pecans
- 200g chopped cashews
- 200g chopped dried apricots
- 2 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
What to do……..
1) Defrost the pastry according to the directions on the pack
2) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees
3) Add the water to a saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat and add the onions and the garlic. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent
4) Add the sweet potato and parsnip and cook for a further 10 minutes.
5) Remove from the heat and add in the crushed cashews, rice, apricots herbs and spices and mix well.
6) Lie out your sheet of puff pastry and add the stuffing on one side. Fold over the pastry and wrap tightly using a fork to stick the sides of the pastry together. If you are using 2 sheetsyou will use less in each sheet. Make sure you wrap them good and tight.
7) Brush the top of the pastry with rapeseed oil and score it with a sharp knife.
8) Bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
9) Slice into 6 or 8 portions and serve with veggies of your choice. These are great with roast potatoes and greens. I serve with a side of Creamed Leak & Spinach.